Family Photography at Prairie Creek Park
Every now and again we get to photograph someone who is fairly famous or well known especially in the area. This was one of those times as Patrick here is a professional hockey player. His family was amazingly beautiful too. His kids were a riot and his wife was just as lovely as she could be. I’m blessed every day when I think about all the people who choose us to spend their time with…document their lives and create still memories that will last forever.
We had a great time photographing the Sultenfuss family. They just moved back from Canada and are enjoying the awesome Texas weather we are having. The last time we saw this beautiful family was 18 months ago when their daughter, Bailey was born. We photographed her newborn portraits at our studio in Frisco, TX. This year we decided to do their fall family photography portraits at Prairie Creek Park in Richardson, Texas. Here’s just a few of our favorite images from their family session.
We loved photographing the Cook family portraits at Prairie Creek Park in Richardson, Texas. Prairie Creek Park is one of my favorite locations to for family photography because of the diverse scenery it offers. This photogenic family was easy to work with and they looked amazing with their complementary wardrobe! Check out some of our favorite images from their fall family photography session.
Additional Locations in the area for an Outdoor Family Photoshoot
There are many beautiful locations for family photography in the Richardson area, but I especially love photographing these amazing places.
- Flippen Park, Highland Park, TX: This park has a beautiful pond, a gazebo, a fountain, and a playground for children. In addition, there is a walking trail that goes around the park. Plus, there are many benches and tables in the park that are perfect for sitting and resting in between shots.
- Kimbell Art Museum, Fort Worth, TX: Kimbell Art Museum has beautiful architecture. The grounds have pools, well-maintained lush green trees and beautifully landscaped lawns. It also has an outdoor sculpture garden. If your family loves art and architecture, this is the perfect place for you!
- Arbor Hills Nature Preserve, Plano, TX: If your family is full of nature enthusiasts, this is a perfect spot for your family photoshoot! This nature preserve has many paved paths and trails with open fields, a creek, and wooded areas. There are so many beautiful scenic views! It also has playgrounds for children.
There are no wrong answers among these location choices for family photography to bring color and interest to your photoshoot.
Quick Tips to Prepare for Your Family Photography Session
Tips for your family photography session:
- Proper Planning – Pick a time that suits your schedule. Consider your younger children’s snack and nap times. Schedule what works best for you and your children
- Coordinate Outfits – Whether you wear similar outfits and colors or not, be sure to at least wear colors that complement each other. Avoid bold patterns and prints which can be distracting.
- Consult with your photographer – Discuss your vision with your photographer so that they understand perfectly what you want and can incorporate your ideas into the photoshoot.
- Bring all your stuff! Bring essential things like your baby’s diapers, wipes, snacks, water bottles, etc. It’s also a good idea to bring an extra set of clothes for you and your family members, just in case.
Richardson, TX Family Photographer
Fall in Richardson is considered one of the most beautiful times of the year for outdoor family photoshoots. But in my experience, outdoor family sessions in the spring and summer with its floral blooms are gorgeous too. Natalie Roberson Photography can schedule your family photography session any time of the year. Contact us to schedule a session.
For more information about our Family Photography please contact Natalie Roberson Photography at 972-415-7644 | www.natalierobersonphotography.com | firstname.lastname@example.org