for the walls
of your home
Natalie Roberson conducts camera studies at her studio in Celina, Texas. The studio features a collection of elegant antique furniture from which you may select pieces to include in your painted portrait.
Natalie Roberson Photography is happy to photograph you at a special location of your choice. Many clients choose to have their portraits done at home, or at their favorite home away from home. There are also beautiful sites near the studio if you would like to have an outdoor painted portrait created, but do not have a specific place in mind.
With Natalie Roberson Photography, you will have the opportunity to determine which photograph(s) best reflect the likeness of the portrait subject, selecting the images that capture the perfect tone, pose, and expression for the painted portrait.
Natalie Roberson Photography offers painted portraits as well as photographs. There are a variety of finishes and styles available to suit your tastes and preferences. Natalie Roberson Photography will work with you to determine the perfect composition for your unique painted portrait. All portraits are fully customizable.
What are Photographic Painted Portraits?
Humans have been creating portraits of each other for centuries. Photographic portraits have been an option in more recent human history, but the recent trend of creating painted portraits from photographs has combined the two artforms. In fact, photographers of all types are experimenting with transforming their digital images into frameworks of art that wouldn’t look out of place on display in a museum.
A painted portrait from Natalie Roberson Photography will provide you with a beautiful piece of art to hang on the walls of your home. This is a great way to preserve the likenesses of your loved ones, just as people have done for centuries. When you commission a painted portrait from Natalie Roberson Photography, you get the best of both worlds – a professionally posed photograph transformed into a unique work of art to be treasured for a lifetime!
How does Natalie Roberson Photography turn a Photographic Image into a Painted Portrait?
To get started, the photographers at Natalie Roberson Photography will edit out imperfections as they typically do for all photographs, to present their subjects in the best light. Then, using computer software and tools like a stylus and an airbrush, the artists at Natalie Roberson Photography go to work to transform your photograph into a painted portrait. Within these computer programs, the “artist” has the ability to intensify or mute the colors, and to adjust the “brushstrokes.” In the end, your photography session will result in a work of art with the look of a real painted portrait, to be treasured forever!
How does the Painted Portrait Process Work at Natalie Roberson Photography?
- Consultation: During your initial meeting with Natalie Roberson Photography, we will discuss your ideas and vision for the painted portrait. Although the photographers at Natalie Roberson Photography prefer to meet in person, consultations can be done via video conference or phone call.
- Sitting: During the sitting, the subject will pose while the photographer takes photos and sketches. If the session takes place at the Natalie Roberson Photography studio, the subject may choose from the selection of antique furniture to create the mood and the setting. Before the session concludes, you and the photographers of Natalie Roberson Photography will discuss the best pose, the portrait composition, and the color to use in the painted portrait.
- The Creative Process: Natalie Roberson Photography will then begin working on your painted portrait, using sophisticated computer software to help create the beautiful finished product.
- Consultation on Framing: Natalie Roberson Photography has the expertise to recommend a frame that will present the artwork in a way that complements the painted portrait itself. Your feedback about where in your home you’d like to display the painted portrait will be very helpful in this process.
- Delivery: Your beautiful painted portrait can be either shipped or delivered to your home upon completion.
Natalie Roberson Photography works hard to create a special experience. An Experience she has spent 10 years growing and cultivating. Her over 700 positive reviews across all online media platforms speaks volumes about her ability to leave a lasting impression.
Also find us and more of our work here!
Frequently Asked Questions
Scheduling your session 2-3 months in advance is preferred but not required. We work Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm. Weekend appointments are available at an additional cost. Schedule your appointment 3-4 weeks in advance of when you need any prints or products in hand. If they are being used at specific occasion, please plan accordingly. Appointments are required. Our calendar tends to fill up quickly, so please check with us regarding our availability.
It is our goal to create custom art for the walls of your home, and our pre-session consultation appointments will help us understand what our goal is during your session. Each session is custom tailored to fit the products we discuss during the pre-session consultations. This insures that we spend the right time doing the right thing during your portrait session. Each of our clients is unique and our products aren’t just photos on your walls or in albums, they are your legacy. Clients typically invest anywhere from $500 to $5,000 in products. Custom portrait collections begin around $900, but most clients love what we do and choose to invest more.
Your finished portrait deserves a frame that will compliment its colors and tones. Mrs. Roberson offers many different styles of frames for you to select from to enhance your portrait. Upon completion of your portrait, Mrs. Roberson will happily assist you in selecting the design, shape and width of your frame.
This design is then sent, along with your portrait, to our Master Craftsman who hand makes your frame, incorporating surface, finish, undercoats and leafing to enhance and compliment your portrait. This process requires great skill and concentration and is truly an art form. The combination of gilding, spattering, stippling, glazing, pickling and tarnishing creates a striking depth and beauty to each and every frame.
Once completed, you will have an absolutely perfect frame that compliments and enhances your portrait.
Utilizing her computer, pigment ink and acrylics, Mrs. Roberson developed her distinct and exceptional style of painted portraits. She has taken portraiture to a pinnacle that has never been reached by any free-hand painter using oils. With her camera, computer, palette, brushes, canvas and an unerring flair for light, Mrs. Roberson’s work brings fine art portraiture to every family and institution who seeks to capture the present for future generations to come. She accomplishes the impossible, creating an “exact likeness” of loved ones.
5808 County Road 171
Celina, Texas 75009
From I-75 take 380 West to Custer and head North about 10 miles. Turn right on County Road 171, about 1.7 miles down the road, we are located on the left.
From DNT take 380 East to Custer and head North about 10 miles. Turn right on County Road 171, about 1.7 miles down the road, we are located on the left.
There are several steps to the process of creating a painted portrait.
- Initial Consultation: During the consultation, Mrs. Roberson will meet with you to discuss what you have in mind for the portrait. Although Mrs. Roberson prefers this meeting to be done in person, she has the ability to use video software and a phone call. During this brainstorming session, it is important to explore every aspect of the project so that Mrs. Roberson is prepared for the first sitting.
- Sitting: During the sitting, the subject will pose while Mrs. Roberson takes photos, sketches, and discusses the coloring. You and Mrs. Roberson will agree upon the best pose and the portrait composition.
- Artist at Work: Mrs. Roberson will then begin working on your portrait. She may need to ask you some questions throughout the process and will keep you up to date with her progress.
- Consultation on Framing: Mrs. Roberson has experience presenting her artwork in the best possible frame to heighten the visual experience. She will consult with you on framing and presentation.
- Delivery: The final step is personally delivering your portrait, although you also have the option to have it shipped.