for the walls
of your home
Our studio has some antique furniture which you can select for your painted portrait. However, Natalie Roberson Photography is more than happy to set up a photoshoot in your preferred location – Many clients choose to do the photoshoot in their home. If you’d like to schedule your photoshoot outdoors for your painted portrait session, but you are not sure where to go, we can suggest beautiful sites nearby.
Natalie Roberson Photography gives you complete control over your photography. You can choose which one to keep for your painted portrait based on your preferences and after reviewing them the best lighting, tone, and expression.
We also offer photographs with painted portraits. We have a variety of finishes to match with your preferences. Our painted portraits are completely customizable!
What are Photographic Painted Portraits?
Humans have been creating portraits of each other for centuries. Photographic portraits have been an option in more recent human history, but the recent trend of creating painted portraits from photographs has combined the two artforms. In fact, photographers of all types are experimenting with transforming their digital images into frameworks of art that wouldn’t look out of place on display in a museum.
A painted portrait from Natalie Roberson Photography will provide you with a beautiful piece of art to hang on the walls of your home. This is a great way to preserve the likenesses of your loved ones, just as people have done for centuries. When you commission a painted portrait from Natalie Roberson Photography, you get the best of both worlds – a professionally posed photograph transformed into a unique work of art to be treasured for a lifetime!
How does Natalie Roberson Photography turn a Photographic Image into a Painted Portrait?
To get started, the photographers at Natalie Roberson Photography will edit out imperfections as they typically do for all photographs, to present their subjects in the best light. Then, using computer software and tools like a stylus and an airbrush, the artists at Natalie Roberson Photography go to work to transform your photograph into a painted portrait. Within these computer programs, the “artist” has the ability to intensify or mute the colors, and to adjust the “brushstrokes.” In the end, your photography session will result in a work of art with the look of a real painted portrait, to be treasured forever!
How does the Painted Portrait Process Work at Natalie Roberson Photography?
- Consultation: During your initial meeting with Natalie Roberson Photography, we will discuss your ideas and vision for the painted portrait. Although the photographers at Natalie Roberson Photography prefer to meet in person, consultations can be done via video conference or phone call.
- Sitting: During the sitting, the subject will pose while the photographer takes photos and sketches. If the session takes place at the Natalie Roberson Photography studio, the subject may choose from the selection of antique furniture to create the mood and the setting. Before the session concludes, you and the photographers of Natalie Roberson Photography will discuss the best pose, the portrait composition, and the color to use in the painted portrait.
- The Creative Process: Natalie Roberson Photography will then begin working on your painted portrait, using sophisticated computer software to help create the beautiful finished product.
- Consultation on Framing: Natalie Roberson Photography has the expertise to recommend a frame that will present the artwork in a way that complements the painted portrait itself. Your feedback about where in your home you’d like to display the painted portrait will be very helpful in this process.
- Delivery: Your beautiful painted portrait can be either shipped or delivered to your home upon completion.
Natalie Roberson has 700+ positive reviews on online and social media platforms, enough to prove the lasting impression her work makes on her clients – the result of years and years of training and work.
Also find us and more of our work here!
Frequently Asked Questions
Utilizing her computer, pigment ink and acrylics, Mrs. Roberson developed her distinct and exceptional style of painted portraits. She has taken portraiture to a pinnacle that has never been reached by any free-hand painter using oils. With her camera, computer, palette, brushes, canvas and an unerring flair for light, Mrs. Roberson’s work brings fine art portraiture to every family and institution who seeks to capture the present for future generations to come. She accomplishes the impossible, creating an “exact likeness” of loved ones.
There are several steps to the process of creating a painted portrait.
- Initial Consultation: During the consultation, Mrs. Roberson will meet with you to discuss what you have in mind for the portrait. Although Mrs. Roberson prefers this meeting to be done in person, she has the ability to use video software and a phone call. During this brainstorming session, it is important to explore every aspect of the project so that Mrs. Roberson is prepared for the first sitting.
- Sitting: During the sitting, the subject will pose while Mrs. Roberson takes photos, sketches, and discusses the coloring. You and Mrs. Roberson will agree upon the best pose and the portrait composition.
- Artist at Work: Mrs. Roberson will then begin working on your portrait. She may need to ask you some questions throughout the process and will keep you up to date with her progress.
- Consultation on Framing: Mrs. Roberson has experience presenting her artwork in the best possible frame to heighten the visual experience. She will consult with you on framing and presentation.
- Delivery: The final step is personally delivering your portrait, although you also have the option to have it shipped.