What Time of Year do Most Couples Get Engaged?
While December is already an exciting time of year, December is extra special because it is one of the most popular times of the year for couples to get engaged. In recent years, getting engaged on holidays such as Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day or other special occasions is gaining popularity. Engagement photography from Natalie Roberson Photography is the perfect way to celebrate and capture this special time.
When should Engagement Photos be Taken?
At Natalie Roberson Photography, we recommend getting engagement photos within 1-2 months of getting engaged. This is a great opportunity to capture this time of your relationship, and engagement photography can be used for so many things including save-the-date cards, and holiday cards and gifts. Your engagement photography session will give you a chance to get to know our photographers and get a preview of what it will be like on your wedding day. This photo shoot experience will help you get comfortable in front of the camera because there will be a lot of photos taken between now and your wedding day!
How do Couples Prepare for an Engagement Photo Shoot?
There are a few ways that you can prepare for a smooth engagement photo session. First, call Natalie Roberson Photography to schedule a time with one of our photographers. Second, choose a photo concept that includes location, considers the time of year, and your personality as a couple. Next, decide what you and your fiancée will wear for your engagement photography session. It’s helpful if you can schedule a time to meet with one of the photographers to discuss the concept for your photo shoot ahead of time. Finally, consider scheduling the make-up artist you are planning on using for the big day during your engagement photography session as a test session.
What do you Bring to an Engagement Photo Shoot?
These are some things you should plan on bringing to your engagement photography shoot with Natalie Roberson Photography:
- Two outfits: Ideally, you should bring at least one casual and out semi formal outfit. If you want to keep your photo shoot to an hour or less, just bring one casual outfit because posing is easier in casual clothing.
- Garment bag: This will save you the time of running to your car and it will protect your clothes from wrinkles.
Shoes that are easy to take on and off: These can be sandals, flats, or slip on shoes. This will help you walk faster and help if you are taking photos on a slope or uneven surface. Plus you won’t mind if they get dirty.
- Jacket: Bring a nice one that will keep you warm if it’s cold or windy. Remember to check the forecast the day of your engagement photo shoot for temperature, wind and rain and dress accordingly!
- Props: These are optional but may show your personality like love for a sports team or shared hobby. Remember to keep it simple and look on Pinterest for ideas!
- Make-up kit & brush or comb: Bring your make-up for a light touch up if you need it. Also, a brush or comb comes in handy on windy days.
- The Ring: Don’t forget to wear your engagement ring!
Should you Wear White for Engagement Pictures?
Not only is it okay to wear white after Labor Day, it’s okay to wear white for your engagement photography pictures too. There are plenty of beautiful white dresses in a variety of styles and lengths that won’t be overly “bridal.” You can play with different fabrics on white too. The other reason to consider white is that the camera likes softer colors such as pinks, soft blues, and light neutrals like heather gray, cream and white. By avoiding bold colors, the camera is focused on your faces and how you are interacting with one another. However, if you have pale skin, white clothing may wash out your complexion.
How do you Take a Cute Kiss Picture?
The experts at Natalie Roberson Photography have these suggestions for taking a cute kiss picture for your engagement photography pictures.
- In Motion Shot: The future groom holds his bride in the air, the lady can jump into her future husband’s arms, or the man dips his lady for a long kiss. The photographer will be further back to include the whole scene.
- Sweet and Romantic: The lady can place one hand on her fiancée’s cheek, ear or the back of his neck to pull him in. Guys can pull their lady in with two fingers under the chin or her cheek.
- Almost a Kiss: Sometimes we will tell a couple to “almost kiss” which captures the beautiful moment of anticipation. Sometimes this causes some laughing afterwards which also makes for adorable candid photos.
- Kiss on the Forehead: This will capture a tender moment. You can put your foreheads together and one of you can kiss the other on the forehead.
- Be sure to close your eyes!